Apr 5, 2010

TV time.

Survivor: Goodbye, Boston Rob. At least you left with one of the best exit lines in recent memory (to Coach, "you're a little man"). I was definitely rooting for the Rob/Courtney/Sandra alliance to prevail, but I understand Jerri's decision to side with Russell/Parvati/Danielle. At the end of the day, I'd certainly rather be sitting next to some combination of the latter three (with the exception of Parvati, who is just as dangerous a threat as everyone has made her out to be; she not only plays the game, but the entire construct of the show. You want a te-he "black widow" type? She'll give you one, and then she'll win the whole damn thing [Apparently, I have a lot to say about Parvati]). Russell is a gifted strategist, but he has no idea how to play the social game. He's the ideal final two or three partner because he will get you to the end making big, bold moves that drive people to hate his guts.

It's funny how a third of the way through the season, the editors have successfully made the Heroes into the heroes, and the Villains into the villains. Early episodes had me booing the likes of James and Amanda, while cheering the efforts of Rob and Sandra. I suppose I'm a sucker for Underdog Tribe Overcomes the Odds stories, but I really wanted the Heroes to take that immunity challenge. It's hard not to root for Colby (who has made the rest of his tribe favorable by association). Maybe I have lingering fondness for the Australia season (ah, Junior High), but I'm kind of cheering for Jerri as well. She has Coach's number, as revealed by her "he just doesn't get it" interview. "It," of course, being the majority of human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment