Aug 10, 2010

Since I last posted . . .

I saw The Kids Are All Right, Inception and The Young Victoria. I loved Kids the most; Maree and I sat in the theater for a good ten minutes after the credits rolled, hugging each other and happy crying. Annette Bening's performance blew me away.

I read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Countless words have been written about this book, I won't attempt to add many. You trot steadily along for the first half, until suddenly you realize Eugenides has grabbed you by the balls. Callie and the Obscure Object broke my heart.

I moved to Queens with Julia.

I've been listening to Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," Robyn's "Hang With Me," Arcade Fire's "Sprawl II," and Mumford & Sons' "Little Lion Man," (the usual mix of pop divas and indie rock).

I got very behind in my Friday Night Lights viewing, but got up to speed with True Blood and Mad Men. About the latter two, I love Debbie Pelt and Anna Draper something fierce. I'm also loving Mad Men's new look, and Sookie's new attitude.

I have procrastinated writing the next five (!) Scaling The Hills posts. They're coming, as well as the August playlist, and more in-depth thoughts about some of the subjects broached above.

No comments:

Post a Comment