Sep 14, 2011

Game of Thrones with Mom and Dad.

Over Labor Day weekend, I convinced my parents to subscribe to HBO. I did this for purely selfish reasons: so I could watch the first season of Game of Thrones in HD (since finishing A Dance with Dragons, I have been obsessed with all things Westeros). Mom and Dad joined me in viewing all ten episodes in under two days. Below, I have compiled their best analysis.

On the use of animals:

MOM
They sure kill a lot of horses on this show!

On the Wall:

DAD
I just don't understand why the Wall is a part of the show. Everything else I understand, but I don't understand why they included the Wall.

On the never-ending scene in which two whores "audition" for Littlefinger:

MOM
Good thing we're an open family!

On the oft-mentioned, never seen Stannis Baratheon:

Everytime Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) is shown.

DAD
Is that Stannis?

On the finale, and the birth of Dany's dragons:

DAD
Well, that was a weird ending.

MOM
Wait, did she turn her husband into a dragon?

WADE
No, Mom. She hatched the dragon eggs. You know, the ones she's been looking at all season? She put one in the fire that time? And she didn't get burned?

MOM
Oh, okay. So is she half dragon?

WADE
No.
 
MOM
I miss Ned.
 
DAD
Without Ned, this show is just a bunch of wackos!

2 comments:



  1. Next: a post on J-Pentz's "Buffy" commentary please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend at the Lucas'! Also in television: Over the summer I watched Party Down. Have you seen this? Did you enjoy it as I did? Discuss.

    ReplyDelete