Jun 22, 2009

Famous ladies.

I've been in NYC a little over a week; it's great. My summer course entails a lot of long days (and a lot of sitting), but it's definitely worth it in terms of what I'm learning and the people I'm meeting along the way.

Speaking of who I'm meeting, I had my first celebrity sighting yesterday. The most famous people I'd previously encountered were MJ and Randy from The Real World, so it was a pretty big deal when I stood in line at Subway (the sandwich place, not the train) next to Sherri Saum (!) from In Treatment (!). She's tall and pretty in person. It was hard to like Bess as a character, but Saum did good work with her.

Another famous lady: my former classmate, Becky Krier, gave the commencement address at our high school this spring. You can read her speech here. It's very wonderful and very wise, which is an accurate description of Becky herself. I'm lucky to have known her the past eight years. She'll do (many more) great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment