Jun 12, 2009

TV time.

So, time to address those finales I mentioned last week. I watched them a while ago, but I still have something to say about all three, so here we are.

The Hills: Goodbye, Lauren Conrad; hello, Kristin Cavallari? I didn't mind Kristin back on Laguna Beach, her confidence was rather appealing, no matter how bitchy she got. I have a feeling she'll do whatever the producers ask of her in terms of starting drama; she can't possibly care too much about the likes of Audrina and Stephanie, plus they're paying her a shit ton of money. As for Lauren, I'll miss her. She proved herself a class act all the way to the end; she looked great and kept her shit together even at Heidi's wedding. Not only did she manage to grow up on national television, but she also managed not to lose herself in the process. I just really like her. Best line of the night goes to Kelly Cutrone though, with her "be smart, and be brave, tell the truth, and don't take any shit" advice to Lauren. So true.

In Treatment: I love you, April. And Mia, and Walter, and Gina and Paul. I'll miss you all so much. My favorite stories are the ones where the protagonist learns they're the only person holding themselves back, and then unleashes their newly discovered awesomeness on the world. I think the cast of In Treatment is on their way to doing just that. Alison Pill as April particularly wrecked me, time and again. I had the biggest smile on my face (and tears in my eyes) for the final ten minutes of her last episode. April might have put off therapy, but she more importantly decided to live. Great show.

The Office: Pam is pregnant. That's really all I remember at this point. That and that the episode was the usual mixture of sweet, sad, tender, touching and funny that The Office does so well. These people are old friends by now, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy spending time with them. Whenever the series does end, Michael and Holly need to end up together. Can we all agree on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment