Aug 7, 2009

(Last) weekend update.

I spent last weekend on Nantucket with my former roommate Kevin, and former teammate Terry (above). Besides the usual mix of sun, sand, and booze, the visit included yet another instance of my friends completing grueling athletic challenges for charity.

Since I met Kevin, he's talked about doing the Rock Run, a day-long, team run around Nantucket. This year, Kevin, his sisters, two family friends, and Terry, finally did it. Combined, they ran 50 miles, and donated $200 to Autism Speaks. I couldn't be prouder of them. My contribution to the day was some spirited clapping and a sunburn; I'm sure it made all the difference.

We also saw Kevin Spacey at a local bar that night. Sorry, Sherri Saum, you are no longer the most famous person I have shared public space with.

And finally, I deleted the "Let It Rock" post, since the video was no longer available. Sad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment