Mar 24, 2010

Of note.

The awesomeness of Gabby Sidibe:

“They try to paint the picture that I was this downtrodden, ugly girl who was unpopular in school and in life, and then I got this role and now I’m awesome. But the truth is that I’ve been awesome, and then I got this role."

I want to go to margarita night with her so bad. Read more at New York Magazine (see also: above).

MTV has posted the trailer for the second season of The City. I thought last season was the second season, but apparently not. In case you didn't realize Whitney is Good, and Olivia is Bad (I kind of love the "Olivia destroys Whitney's fashion career from her Assistant Editor's cubicle" storyline), the girls have gone blonder and browner, respectively, to help you keep track. Also, Whitney wears a truly heinous jumpsuit.

Glee returns April 13th! I cannot contain my excitement over Rachel's impending "Like A Prayer" performance. I'm fully expecting my television to burst into glorious, gay flames upon the Madonna episode's completion. As much as I like this show, I have a sneaking suspicion the series will peak with these next nine episodes. Doesn't it seem like they're burning through an awful lot of plot/music/character development?

EW's Whitney Pastorek on the American Idol judges' treatment of over-qualified professional Crystal Bowersox:

"I do not know why the judges keep treating her like the talented kid in the t-ball league where the parents have voted that everyone gets trophies and therefore no one may stand out. Let’s all take this week and screen The Incredibles a couple times on DVD, to remind ourselves why exceptionalism is important."

Yay exceptionalism!

No comments:

Post a Comment