Jul 7, 2010

Help!

Covers by Scribner and Picador

Dear readers: I am currently between books. I presently have no new novel, memoir, or short story collection to anticipate. These doldrums cannot continue, especially with so little new television to occupy my time. Below, I have compiled a short list of titles I'm considering, but I need your help making my final selection. Cast your vote in the comments, and don't hesitate to suggest a personal favorite I've overlooked.

What Should Wade Read?

The Hours by Michael Cunningham

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Lush Life by Richard Price

Brooklyn by Colm Toibin

6 comments:

  1. MIDDLESEX MIDDLESEX MIDDLESEX MIDDLESEX.

    I can gets you a free copy ooooh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't normally happen, but I concur with my easily excited roommate. Middlesex, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I've never read any of these, but The Hours and Middlesex are both on my To Read list (yes, there's a list). However, since you can get a free copy from Maree, go for Middlesex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middlesex! Yay.

    I like this idea. May steal. Although my "too read" books are all written for children.

    I think that the second part of this survery should be, now who can get me this book for free *coughamericangodscough*

    ReplyDelete
  5. WADE! I am reading Brooklyn right now, it is really great so farbut a little sad. Middlesex is one of my favorites though, so either choice gets a thumbs up by me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record, MIDDLESEX won by a landslide, and Maree just procured me a copy, so it looks like I will be tackling incest and Objects next. Thanks for voting!

    ReplyDelete