Jul 6, 2010

I can explain.

I have a confession to make: I really want to see Eat, Pray, Love. I read five pages of the book before putting it down; it wasn't my thing. The movie's trailer, however, has piqued my curiosity. Watch, as Julia Roberts has a relationship with pizza, pets elephants, seeks advice from numerous spiritual gurus, and tries not to want to have sex with Javier Bardem.

Doesn't she look fresh-faced and content? Maybe this is a latent Julia Roberts crush coming to fruition, but damn if I don't want to watch her "marvel at something" for a few hours on August 13th. Also, Ryan Murphy (creator of Glee) both wrote and directed the film, meaning I will either love it so much it hurts, or hate it for ruining solid ideas with inconsistent characterization, ropey plotting, and unnecessary musical numbers.

Of course, the only Vulture reader to comment on the new trailer had the following to say: "Eat, pray, love & go f**k yourself. HOLLYWOOD, STOP HATING WOMEN!"

So, there's that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment